Thursday, March 20, 2014

Another Blessing of Malignant Narcissism - Upgrading Relationships


After you begin to recover from relational abuse, you can look back and see the blessings. Believe it or not, there are many positives, although you usually can't see them at the time. I've already written about the satisfaction I gain from being able to (hopefully) help other women who've, unfortunately, allowed a female malignant narcissist into their lives. I also like the insight I've gained from my experience. As strange as it sounds, I'd now choose for everything to play out exactly as it did, because some wonderful things have happened, as a direct result.

Since the time a female narcissist forced me to leave a religious and social setting, where I'd been for a long time, I've met many incredible people who don't suffer from this disorder. I appreciate them in a way I never would have before.

I've also had to lose my best friend along the way. The narcissist also targeted her, in a way that strained her loyalty and our friendship. That's okay now, because I have different boundaries and expectations. I won't stay in a relationship like this, with divided loyalties, because I've done some upgrades. My new relationships won't be subject to that same kind of stress. For several years, since leaving that toxic environment, I've been surrounded with goodness and kindness.

Happiness and healing can definitely follow relational abuse. Just keep reminding yourself of this while the pain is still raw.


Flickr photo by vivevans

No comments:

Post a Comment