Friday, June 13, 2014

Why Are Malignant Narcissists So Clever?



One of the first things you learn about malignant narcissists is that they are extremely clever and calculating. They have a frightening ability to ferret out our wants, needs and weaknesses. They even seem to be able to read our thoughts, although I don't believe they really can. They also appear to anticipate what we're likely to do next. However, I don't think this arises from anything supernatural. They are just highly manipulative people who've learned how the rest of us think.

I'm not formally trained in psychology. But I've met my share of malignant personalities over the years, so I know much more than I'd like to about this insidious condition. My best guess is that most morally disordered people are highly intelligent, which may also explain why they're also so competitive. This seems to be part of the reason they know how to read us so well.

Social scientists who study these dangerous individuals seem to agree they don't have genuine emotions. So, in order to compensate, they get very good at picking up on subtle cues,and they become masters at deciphering body language. They need to do this so they have something to mirror back, so others don't suspect their thought process is so radically different from the nice persona they project.

Also, although I have no proof, I believe there's a spiritual component to these very puzzling people. I'm not going to discuss it here, right now, but I've previously touched upon this in my Church Bullies blog, and I will again in the future. (See link below.)

Once you get to know a narcissist a little better, you may see his or her "saintly" mask slip from time to time. However, by then, they may have caused a lot of damage in your personal life, or may have (temporarily) derailed your career goals. I'm convinced the vast majority of workplace bullying cases involve a malignant personality (or personalities) that no one dares to reign in.

One way to protect yourself from female narcissistic abuse is to learn all you can about this disorder. Then you can often avoid having a narcissist in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment